For our first 2015 campaign we have chosen to support Rugby Pour Tous Benin in three areas: safety for the children, Benin/Europe communications and trainer autonomy, so they can accept our donations rather than depend on them!
Rugby Pour Tous Benin has been training around one hundred young people and children since the 15th March 2014, demonstrating that the can take action, be efficient and independent. Let’s give them a boost.
This is needed to support Rugby pour tous Benin in 3 ways:
- Safety: the coaches would like a first aid kit available during the training sessions. The cost of this is 50,000 FCFA (76€). Insurance is also needed for transporting the children to their matches. Annual cost of 4400 FCFA/child therefore 440000 FCFA for 100 children (671€).
- Communication: we need the best possible communication between Rugby pour tous Benin and Europe. For this we need a smart phone, laptop and printer for the President and the administrators. Budget: 650000 (990€). The line charges will be paid for by Rugby pour tous Benin.
- Autonomy: The team in Benin hopes to be autonomous in the long term and not need to ask for donations. They hope to obtain a second hand bus which will enable them to:
- Use the Coach’s specific driving license to collect the children for rugby training. Today they use their own means – moto-taxi for the 24 most motivated children attending training but this is not a safe or cost efficient means. Their annual budget for this in 2015 is 528000 FCFA (805€).
- Meet other teams and organize events to promote rugby as a tool for social integration across the region.
- When unused by the club for training and events, the bus could be rented to other clubs. This could generate 50,000-70,000 FCFA (76-107€) monthly income to cover the fuel costs, insurance and maintenance.
- Promote the charity in the streets of Cotonou thanks to communication on the bus.
Budget 600,000 FCFA (3964€)